Thursday, February 12, 2009

A timely distraction

Thursday, February 12, 2009

In an effort to divert out attention from our predicament, my friend wanted to watch ANY movie. "Gusto ko manuod ng sine." She said with finality. And true to our theory that the most likely gimmick to push through are the unplanned ones, off we go to watch Marley and Me. It was a pleasant surprise. It wasn't a movie that centered on Jennifer Aniston nor was it a movie about a dog. It is not for people who love dogs. Its a movie for people who've raised, cared, nurtured a dog for a part of their life. This I dare say, anyone who have NEVER cared for a dog won't relate much to the movie.

The movie is based on an autobriography of Jenny and John Grogan (Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson) which spans from the couple as newly weds to their life as parents of 3 children. It follows John as an aspiring journalist unexpectedly finding success in being a columnist. Marley, playing a key part in their lives. The film effectively showed the relationship between Marley and the family without having one character dominate over the other. Yes, it wasn't just any other Jennifer Aniston film.

It's not that I am a big fan of "feel-good" movies, but because I can recognize myself in some parts of the movie, that I was glad of our unplanned gimmick. Maybe one day I can say that, as John said in his job interview, "I surprise myself" too.

0 replies:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
Life Paused © 2008. Design by Pocket