Friday, February 20, 2009

A gentle reminder?

Friday, February 20, 2009
An hour ago, I arrived at my apartment and was greeted by an accident scene. It was just a few minutes fresh and the rescue team just arrived. My first instinct was to place down all my things and help. It reminded me too, of how I'm not tied up by rules and regulations anymore. Ate Cora was smiling as she found me wrestling with helping or not. In a little while, there were a crowd gathering and media scampering towards the scene.


It was a head-on collision between a jeepney and a van. The van being on the wrong lane. Of the 2 drivers, the one who drove the van was in a more emergent condition. The "usiseros" told us that the driver looked like he was drunk or dazed and the paramedics thought that he had a fracture in his extremities.

A few minutes after extracting the driver, a second ambulance came and carried the less critical. That few minutes was also when the traffic started to build up. The victims were lucky that the response was fast.


It was a gentle reminder of drinking and driving. There is more than just your life that is affected.


It was a gentle reminder for me too. Had I chosen to alight in front of my apartment building, I could've been involved. Had I been a few minutes earlier, I could've been involved. It could've been me.


Time
Author Unknown

To realize the value of ONE YEAR, ask a student who has failed a grade.
To realize the value of ONE MONTH, ask a mother who has given birth to a pre-mature baby.
To realize the value of ONE WEEK, ask an editor of a weekly newspaper.
To realize the value of ONE DAY, ask a daily wage laborer who has kids to feed.
To realize the value of ONE HOUR, ask the lovers who are waiting to meet.
To realize the value of ONE MINUTE, ask a person who has missed the train.
To realize the value of ONE SECOND, ask a person who has avoided an accident.
To realize the value of ONE MILLI-SECOND, ask the person who has won a silver medal in the Olympics.
Treasure every moment that you have! And treasure it more because you
shared it with someone special, special enough to spend your time ...
and remember that time waits for no one. . . Yesterday is history
Tomorrow a mystery Today is a gift That's why it's called the present!

0 replies:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
Life Paused © 2008. Design by Pocket