Tuesday, October 24, 2006

circle of life

Tuesday, October 24, 2006
At any given day I would be in my room tucked in my bed either with a good pocketbook or an ever-so-constantly updated medical book. But today, this past week, or these past months is not like any given day. Remember the saying that goes "ang di marunong tumingin sa pinanggalingan ay di marunong makarating sa paroroonan". Well, I did just that and went back to my roots. If someone among the Dicang-Oyam clan would host a get-together, my mom would be the center of it all. For as long as I remember, she has been the one people go to in any occassion or for whatever purpose they might have. More or less, I've known their faces or names but pairing those up would be difficult for me. The past months are no more than a downhill or an uphill, it would be more of a very rocky road. The past months were more of an awakening for me of where I stood, of what I stood for. You see, I've spent most of my life ensconed in "my life". I've never bothered for the things that went on within my relatives. And one event of life ocurring twice would be an eye-opener for me, that my concerns in life does not just include me or my family but also to my other relatives as well. This year was a full year. At this age, I do have an apo, not really a direct one, but well being simplistic and all, I really do have an apo. Giving birth, living life, arriving the end of the road. A complete circle. A closure in a sense.

0 replies:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
Life Paused © 2008. Design by Pocket